West Florida volleyball to "Pack it Pink" Oct. 26
October 22, 2013
Argonauts host seventh annual event in support of breast cancer awareness
UWF Field House. October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and UWF is joining the effort to raise money for breast cancer research and awareness while also paying tribute to family members and friends who have been affected by the disease.
All donations for the event will benefit the Side-Out Foundation (Photo by UWF Athletic Communications)
Donations will be accepted in lieu of tickets for the match, which will be preceded by a reception for cancer survivors at 2:30 p.m. in the Argonaut Athletic Club. The first 400 fans to arrive also receive a “Pack it Pink” T-shirt. The West Florida volleyball team is looking for your help to break the “Pack it Pink” attendance record at the UWF Field House.
As in years past, a silent auction will run in conjunction with the event and will feature an autographed Martin St. Louis Tampa Bay Lighting jersey, a volleyball signed by the USA Volleyball team, pink jerseys, volleyballs, gift cards, and much more which can be bid on online or in person during the Lee match. All proceeds benefit the Side-Out Foundation. The auction closes on Sunday, Oct. 28 at midnight.
Online Auction Website Link
- Image gallery of auction items
- All proceeds benefit the Side-Out Foundation
- Features pink jerseys, volleyballs, gift cards and much more
- Auction closes on Sunday, Oct. 27 at midnight
Saturday, Oct. 26 - UWF Volleyball vs. Lee – 4 p.m.
- 8 a.m. - American Cancer Society walk at Cordova Mall in Pensacola - join the UWF volleyball team and donate to the cause
- 2:30 p.m. cancer survivors’ reception in the Argonaut Athletic Club
- In lieu of tickets, donations will be accepted for volleyball match
- First 400 fans will receive “Pack it Pink” T-shirt
- Opportunity to bid on items from online auction in person
Sunday, Oct. 27
- Auction closes at midnight
For information on all UWF athletics, visit www.GoArgos.com.